At Restora Health, our goal is to get everyone to the 5 + 2 Normals. These are from Dr. Michael Roizen who came up with these and proved that if one achieves the 5 + 2 Normals, then they will be 12 years younger (than those who don’t have them), and will save 33% to 66% on current and future health care costs.
Here are the “5 Normals”:
- Blood pressure below 125 / 85
- LDL Cholesterol below 130 without CVD (cardiovascular disease) and below 100 if you do have CVD
- Hemoglobin A1C below 5.7 or Fasting blood glucose below 106
- BMI below 30 or Waist to Height Ratio of less than 0.5
- Zero level of Cotenine in Urine – i.e., No evidence of tobacco
And the “+ 2” is to
1) Manage Stress and,
2) Reduce / Eliminate Inflammation. (C-RP < 1.0)
We all have stress, but how you manage it is very important as it is the second leading risk of a heart attack (an MI). And inflammation is the precursor to most all diseases. A blood test called C-Reactive Protein can measure stress under the right conditions, but it can also show up as a false positive. The C-RP test is relatively expensive as well, and so we work with our members to use diet, exercise and some supplements to reduce or eliminate inflammation instead of spending the money on an expensive test.
By achieving the 5 Normals and managing your stress and reducing or eliminating inflammation (the + 2), you will be in control of your life, your health, and your costs.
In good health, you find your greatest wealth.